Set in a playful environment, the group is run by passionate physiotherapists. All activities are supported by sensory strategies, visual aids and action songs to increase participation, motivation and promote overall well-being.
General group goals are aimed at:
- Improve postural control, muscle strength and endurance, reaching and balance
- Promote opportunities for developing expressive and receptive communication skills, breathing control
- Develop choice making, improve eye contact and use of alternative communication strategies such as Key Word Sign
- Develop social skills, being part of a group, turn taking, developing group routines, playing games with peers
- Provide networking opportunity for parents and carers
- Increase opportunity for sensory experiences including movement, touch, body position changes in a new environment and encouraging the use of vision/hearing
- Promote safe entry and exit of the aquatic environment
Ages 0-4 years
Improve skills – Have fun – Make friends
To register your interest contact:
Customer Services Advisor
Tel: 1300 111 881
Your child’s towel, flotation devices (if required), water/snack for after the session
Parents/carers must attend the session with their child Please ensure your child is wearing swim nappies/pants if they are not toilet trained.