We are delighted to announce that Senses Australia has 19 team members nominated for this year’s WA Disability Support Awards 2020. 19 people who demonstrate our values of excellence, innovation, respect and integrity. They have gone above in their roles and highlight our commitment to our vision where we see a community that embraces and respects uniqueness and diversity – where a person with a disability has an equal opportunity to aspire and to achieve. Overall they have had a positive and profound impact on the lives of our clients.
We would like to congratulate all our team members but also extend our sincere thanks to our clients and family members for getting involved to nominate them.
- Bree Lee – Excellence in Supporting Social Inclusion
- Fiona Abbott – Excellence in Supporting Social Inclusion
- Katrina Dowd – Excellence in Innovation
- Valeria Rocco – Excellence in Regional Support
- Kellie Adam – Excellence in Home and Family Support
- Jane Abbott – Excellence in Advocacy and Rights Promotion
- Linni Oliver – Excellence in Advocacy and Rights Promotion
- Regina Canale – Excellence in Home and Family Support
- Wendy Pottage and Elyse Rose – Excellence in Regional Support
- Thornlie Group Home Team – Excellence in Leadership
- (Kaley Devine, Alexandra Ayton, Monika Magalengo, Cailtin Daken, Rex Wang, Michelle Ruto, Melanie Leong, Michelle Chee and Kelvin Lagat.)
The WA Disability Support Awards celebrate the significant contribution of individuals and teams who support people with disability to achieve their goals. The awards recognise and reward people who go beyond ordinary standards of service and provide the highest standard of individualised support to increase the quality of life and inclusion of people with disability in Western Australia. The Nominee list is now available to download from their website https://dswa.org.au/nominations/
We are very excited to hear the stories from all the nominees across Western Australia and celebrate the industry as a whole. Good luck, everyone.
WA Disability Support Awards 2019
In the 2019 WA Disability Support Awards Senses Australia Support Worker Anna Wright won the award for Excellence in Home and Family Support. She was recognised for the amazing work she has done with client Scott in increasing his independence.
Pictured top: Senses Australia Scott with The Honourable Kim Beazley AC, Governor of Western Australia
Bottom: Support Worker Anna with Scott