Senses Australia is a leading not for profit disability services provider, supporting the Western Australian community for over 120 years. In the last year alone, Senses Australia provided over 277,000 hours of direct service to more than 880 people of all ages throughout Western Australia, enabling people with disability to aspire and achieve. Our organisation is built on our values of Respect, Integrity, Innovation and Excellence, which distinguishes us and guides our actions. Our services enable our clients to reach their goals, as well as supporting their families and carers.
Senses Australia provides flexible services to individuals living in the Wheatbelt as well as offering breaks to individuals visiting our respite house in York. The number of individuals choosing Senses Australia as their provider of choice is growing more and more each week – this is why we need you to join our team! We are looking for Support Workers whose values align with ours, who strive for excellence and are passionate in providing the best possible service to people with a disability.
About the Support Worker role.
Our Support Workers form part of the Community Living Services department. Community Living Services is person centered and encourages each person to plan and direct their own service. Our Community Living employees support people with disabilities to:
- Live with their family.
- Live on their own.
- Share a home with one or more other people.
What does a Support Worker do?
- Assist the person that you are supporting with personal care tasks.
- Listen and respond to the person you are supporting.
- Promote the health and wellbeing of the person through encouraging a healthy diet, regular exercise and paying attention to medical needs.
- Consider and show respect for an individual’s age, gender, ethnic origin, religious/cultural background and personal needs.
- Work closely with their family and other professionals.
- Identifying and participating in a wide range of enjoyable and purposeful activities that supports the person’s goals and choices.
- Actively maintain, support and extend family/friends and social contacts.
- Work shifts over day and night where applicable.
- Ensure all records of your work are completed as required and are up to date, neat and accurate.
- Complete all necessary training required.
- Behave at all times in a manner which is respectful towards the people you are supporting, their families, other Senses Australia employees, neighbours and members of the public.
- Maintain an awareness of all of Senses Australia’s policies and procedures.
What you must have to be a Support Worker?
- An understanding of the needs of vulnerable people for example children, adults or older people with a disability.
- An understanding of Senses Australia’s values of Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Excellence and a willingness to promote them.
- A current Australian driver’s licence.
- A valid first aid certificate or a willingness to obtain one prior to commencement.
- Certificate 3 in Disability or equivalent (Desirable).
With an ability and willingness to:
- Work in a manner which empowers and values people with disability.
- Provide personal care to people who need it including support with dressing and toileting.
- Participate and support people in a range of social and leisure activities.
- Work with people who may present staff with difficult and challenging situations.
- Work as part of a team.
- Work using your own initiative.
- Use a computer to access emails and the internet.
What is in it for you?
- Salary sacrifice options up to $15,899.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Rewarding and challenging role in a friendly and supportive working environment.
- Healthy work life balance.
- Ongoing training and development.
- Career development opportunities.
How do I express my interest in a position?
Simply click ‘Apply online’ and fill out our online application form to submit your details. Please remember to attach a cover letter with your resume.
Please note: only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Senses Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages social and cultural diversity. We are also committed to maintaining a non-smoking environment.
We do not accept applications via email or calls from recruitment agencies.