Our team works in partnership with individuals with disabilities and families/carers to enhance independence and community inclusion.
We will meet with you to talk about your goals and what you would like to be able to do and then work with you to plan how you can achieve your goals.
Our team is made up of:
- Occupational therapists.
- Speech pathologists.
- Social workers.
- Clinical psychologists.
- Deafblind Consultants.
- Other supports as required.
We can help you to achieve your goals which support:
- Getting the equipment you need to live safely at home or when you are out in the community.
- Using your equipment safely and helping others who support you to use it safely.
- Eating and drinking safely.
- Communication – to enable you to tell people what you want or understand others better.
- Using technology.
- Hydrotherapy and gym/fitness programs.
- Exploring other sources of funding.
What do our adult therapy services look like?
- We can visit you at your home.
- We can visit you in the community or place of recreation.
- We can visit you at your workplace.
- We can set up programs for you to do.
- We visit you at times when it’s good for you and/or others who support you.
How do I access therapy services?
Access to our Adult Therapy Services can be through:
- My Way funding.
- National Disability Insurance Agency funding (NDIA).
- State funding (Disability Services Commission – DSC) – you need to meet an eligibility criteria.
- Paying a fee for the service.
- Medicare rebate for Allied Health Services through referral from GP.
If you are eligible for services from the Department of Communities (formerly known as the Disability Services Commission) and NOT in a NDIS area, then you may receive services from our block funded services. Click here to download the referral form.
If you have any queries, please call Senses Australia on 1300 111 881.