If you live at home with your family, Senses Australia wants to support you and your family to get the break that’s required in order for you to remain living at home long term.
A break may be provided through a range of activities and services. Whichever option you choose, we will listen to you, and support you and your family:
- To design and plan your own disability support and respite services.
- To have genuine choice and make decisions about your supports and respite services you use
- To determine how much or how little information and control you want over the management of your services. You can manage a little bit or the whole lot and we will support you with whatever decision you make. To find out more, click here.
We can provide you with support throughout the week and on the weekends depending on your needs and can include:
- In home assistance for you and your family member so that your family member can undertake typical family activities.
- In home respite so that your family member can have a break.
- Out of home respite such as living with a host family to give your family member a break.
All of our staff, as well as being well trained, are well supported through continuous supervision and mentoring. Our host families for out of home respite services undertake a comprehensive assessment process and will have all the necessary security checks.
I would like to know more about:
Having a break for me and my family, click here.
Parent/carer information and support, click here.
Support for my brothers and sisters, click here.
Fee for service, click here.
To contact us, please click here.
Amelia House – York, Western Australia
Be our guest at Amelia House, York. Just over an hour’s drive from Perth, in the historic town of York, you’ll discover a wonderful place where you can stay and unwind or be supported to increase your confidence and skills with independent living and personal care. Staying at the house with other people gives opportunities to engage and interact socially in a safe and supported environment.
Amelia House is a respite home funded by the Disability Services Commission (DSC). The home is fully staffed and equipped to support individuals with varying degree of needs especially high physical needs.
Set amongst peaceful gardens, Amelia House has five comfortable bedrooms, one equipped for high needs; two bathrooms, one full equipped for high needs; two large rooms with big screen TVs, DVD player and playstations; a patio with barbecue facilities and a fully equipped kitchen and dining area where you can enjoy a country style meal or just sit and sip your morning coffee or tea while listening to the birds. In the grounds of the house there is a liberty swing and accessible playground for children of all ages.
Amelia House is just minutes from the centre of York, where you’ll discover a lively mix of shops, cafes, restaurants and grand old buildings. There is plenty to see and do in the surrounding Avon Valley too including farm and museum tours and walking trails.
Take a virtual tour
Have a look through Amelia House from the comfort of your home with our virtual tour. Just click on the image below (best viewed using Google Chrome).