Seniors Disability Services Perth
We work in partnership with you, your family and your carers to improve your quality of life, including greater independence and community connections.
We will meet with you to talk about your goals and what you would like to achieve. Together, we will plan how you can achieve your goals.
Meet your team
Depending on your needs, your team may be made up of:
- Occupational therapists.
- Speech pathologists.
- Social workers.
- Clinical psychologists.
- Deafblind consultants.
- Therapy assistants.
- Other support as required.
We can help you to achieve your goals by:
- Getting the equipment you need to live safely at home or when you are out in the community.
- Teaching you and those who support you in how to use your equipment safely.
- Eating and drinking safely.
- Communication – to enable you to tell people what you want or to help you better understand others.
- Using technology.
- Hydrotherapy and gym/fitness programs.
- Exploring other sources of funding.
Some specific skills we have within our team include:
- Prescription of specialised equipment – customised equipment to maximise independence and meet functional needs.
- Positive behaviour support.
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) – this includes high tech such as speech generating devices and low tech such as Key Word Signing and communication books.
- Exercise prescription and programs.
How do I access therapy services?
Access to our Adult Therapy Services can be through:
- WA National Disability Insurance Scheme (WA NDIS) funding.
- National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) funding.
- Disability Services Commission (DSC) – you need to meet an eligibility criteria.
- Fee for service.
- Medicare rebate for Allied Health Services through referral from your GP.