ADULTS (19 TO 64 YEARS)
The Senses Australia Our team works in partnership with you, your family and your carers to improve your quality of life, including greater independence and community connections.
We will meet with you to talk about your goals and what you would like to achieve. Together, we will plan how you can achieve these goals.
MEET YOUR TEAM
Depending on your needs, our dedicated team will be made up of:
- Occupational therapists
- Speech pathologists
- Social workers
- Clinical psychologists
- Deafblind consultants
- Therapy assistants
- Other supports as required
ADULT DISABILITY SERVICES
We can help you to achieve your goals in a number of ways including:
- Getting the equipment you need to live safely at home or when you are out in the community.
- Using your equipment safely and helping others who support you to use it safely.
- Eating and drinking safely.
- Communication – to enable you to tell people what you want or understand others better.
- Using technology.
- Hydrotherapy and gym/fitness programs.
- Exploring other sources of funding.
Some specific skills we have within our team include:
- Prescription of specialised equipment – customised equipment to maximise independence and meet functional needs.
- Positive behaviour support.
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) – this includes high tech such as speech generating devices and low tech such as Key Word Signing and communication books.
- Exercise prescription and programs.
WHAT DO OUR ADULT THERAPY SERVICES LOOK LIKE?
- We can visit you at your home, workplace, out in the community or a place of recreation.
- We can visit you at times that work for you and/or others who support you.
- We can set up programs for you to do participate in.
HOW DO I ACCESS ADULT THERAPY SERVICES?
Access to our Adult Therapy Services can be through:
- WA National Disability Insurance Scheme (WA NDIS) and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Disability Services Commission (DSC) funding
- Paying a fee for the service
- Medicare rebate for Allied Health Services through referral from GP
If you are eligible for services from the Department of Communities (formerly known as the Disability Services Commission) and NOT in a NDIS area, then you may receive services from our block funded services. Click here to download the referral form. If you have any queries, please contact us on 1300 111 881.